Who we are
17 Brands (Trading as SUBU) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 when dealing with personal information.
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
We collect information about you through our website, in an effort to improve your experience with us, as well as communicate with you about our products promotions.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Normally we collect your personal information directly from you. For example once you complete a purchase here at subu.nz or if you subscribe to our newsletter. This information includes your name, address, email address and phone number.
When you visit subu.nz, we may collect more information about your visits, website activity and record the following information for statistical purposes:
- your isp server address
- the pages you visited
- the name of the web page directing you
- the type of browser you are using
- your clicks and activity on our site
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 10/11/2020.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email us at email@example.com